Tuesday, April 27, 2010

starting again after fibro








I've been sick with new symptom for the last couple of days and it hasn't been much fun. I have been knitting this purple shawl. The first picture is what it looked like on Sunday night. This is what it looks like today. I only have about six more inches to go. This isn't for me, but I want to make on for myself and I think I have enough of this yellow yarn to make one. I'm not sure if I want to double the yarn or not. I think I'll try it doubled for about a foot and see how heavy it is. Might be too heavy to be comfortable. As you can see from that folded up bit of knitted yarn there I tried to make a summer sweater out of this yarn a while back, but that didn't work out the way I thought it would. So, I scraped that project, but saved the yarn.

For sewing I'm going to work on dd's grey hoodie. I traced the pattern and cut it and the fabric out. She doesn't want the zipper to show when the jacket is opened because it doesn't match, so I'm going to try and sandwich the zipper between two the jacket front and a strip of the fabric. In order for this to work I'm going to have to stitch the loose edge of the strip of fabric down after I put in the zipper, otherwise it'll roll up. I'm not sure how she's going to feel about that. I think I'll just do it and present it to her. Pretend there's nothing diffrent about it. Huh, well I just see how that goes over.



Does anyone else with fibro have trouble sitting for a long time? I've got two machines and I have one on the kitchen counter and one on a desk. I take turns sitting and standing to sew. I wondered if anyone else had anything they did different.

No comments:

Post a Comment